Vision, Mission & Values
A nationally recognized centre of innovative education for health care providers that promotes excellence and leadership in health care practices and better health for all.
The provison of competency-based education and consultation that is responsive to the needs of health care providers in today's practice settings, based on evidence, and promoted through scholarly work.
- Excellence - in the identification, development and delivery of quality programs and services.
- Integrity - in all actions.
- Respect - for diverse roles, perspectives and individual differences.
- Collaboration - in all activities within the Centre, and with learners, health care providers and stakeholders.
- Life long learning - as a continuous process to ensure competence as roles and responsibilties evolve in rapidly changing healthcare and education systems.
- Safety - in all aspects of health care.
The Registered Nurses Professional Development Centre offers performance-based post-licensure specialty certification programs to RNs and other health care professionals. These programs provide the knowledge and clinical foundation for professional practice in a specialty setting based on competencies identified for critical thinking, clinical practice, relationship centered practice, leadership and professionalism.
Each specialty certification program:
- Is offered as a full-time and/or part-time study option.
- Recognizes and provides an opportunity for you to qualify for credit for your prior learning.
- Full time program supports classroom teaching that utilizes a variety of learner-centered strategies.
- Part time option uses a self-study approach that permits you, the learner, to decide where and when to study based on set program start and end dates.
- Emphasizes interactive opportunities to enhance learning while meeting individual learning styles.
- Supports program resources at learning sites throughout the province and attempts to provide the required performance-based clinical experience at a site close to your home.
- Awards a certificate upon achievement of program outcomes, which potentially could be utilized as credit towards university education or national certification.